Class and Appointment Guidelines
- Please wait in the lobby if your instructor is not present and in the room. This is a safety and insurance requirement.
- All classes start on time. Please arrive early to prepare for class. It is up to the instructor to allow admittance if you are more than 10 minutes late for a group class as you may have missed the warm up.
- All Pilates Appointments and Classes last 55 minutes unless otherwise noted. If you are more than 10 minutes late for your scheduled equipment session and have not contacted your instructor, you will lose your session and be charged the full session amount.
- Please inform the instructor of any changes to your health or injury status.
- Chewing gum, jewelry, belts, phones, and other loose or distracting items are not permitted in the studio during your session for safety reasons. Please place your shoes, bags, and coats in the client storage area.
- Please keep talking to a minimum and moderate level out of courtesy to other clients and instructors. You will get the most out of your Pilates session if you maintain focus, proper alignment, and control during each exercise.
- Mute your cell phone. No exceptions.
- Do not use perfumes and scented lotions before class. Many clients have allergies and sensitivities, including your instructors.
- Smoking is prohibited in the building.
- We love children, but not at Pilates. Please make childcare arrangements elsewhere so that everyone may enjoy the Pilates session and get the most out of their mind-body time.
Clothing and Class Preparation
- We recommend comfortable exercise attire that allows for full range of motion. Pilates/yoga pants, bike shorts or leggings, and close-fitting tops are best. No bulky or baggy clothing. Please wear mid-thigh compression undergarment if wearing shorts. No jewelry or belts. Restrain long hair.
- Pilates is generally practiced barefoot or in socks. Non-slip socks are available for sale in the studio. Please clean off feet and hands with wipes in studio prior to starting your session. Please wipe down all equipment after use.
- Please do not come to class if you are ill. Instructors and classmates thank you for keeping your germs at home.
- Please eat and hydrate appropriately during the day to fuel yourself, however, we do not suggest eating within one hour of class. You may bring water in an unbreakable, covered container to place under your reformer.
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to stow your personal items and be ready to start on time.